Saturday, May 29

SUMMER FEARS


Summer is here.
And the weird thing is...it makes me sad.
I want more than anything to find a group of friends, or at least a single friend, that i can count on. I want someone that i can trust. I want a group that i can completely feel comfortable around and that i can call my best friends. Lately i have felt so close to finding that person, and maybe even that group. But now, school is over, and the fear of loneliness of the coming summer is taunting me.
Friday was my last day of school as a freshman at the junior high. Next year I go to high school as a sophomore. My school separates into two high schools, AF and LP. I would say that 75% of the freshman will go to LP. Of course, I', part of the 25% that will go to AF. Joy. The last couple weeks have made going to AF that much harder. It seems that I've made so many new friends recently, and all i want to do is hang out with them in hopes of finding where i belong. But they will all go to Lp, and I will be the lonely AFer. Will I be the forgotten one? the one who never gets invited? Its possible. It's probable. It seems inevitable.
Summer brings joy with the freedom of the sun, but a lazy summer without friends is worse than a packed school year with them.
I pray that through the summer i will find what i'm looking for and that people will accept me for me. because that is all i have to offer.

1 comment:

  1. You can count on me.
    You can trust me.
    You can feel completely comfortable around me. ;)
    You can call me your best friend.
    Forever and ever :)

    Best summer ever. Thanks summer.

    ReplyDelete

if you can't say nothin nice, don't say nothing at all.