Saturday, January 12

and you're to blame




People move on and start careers and I'm just gonna keep on loving you.

Loving you gave me a C in Foods and loving you got me grounded.

And we keep trying to tell them we know what love is.
 
It was the morning you did the dishes.
That's when I knew that I love you.
I went on rambling about grades, responsibility, and giving people rides to the airport.
And you simply went down stairs and started the dishes.

They told us not to climb on the rocks in the first place.

Because now we're falling down the cliffs, hand in hand. My hair blowing in the wind and your hip bones catching it.
And the thrill in  our stomachs just keeps taking us higher. Higher and higher just to drop us again, because the Fates are dying to see how long it takes for us to let go of each other.

Don't you dare let go of my hand, love. I can't afford to hit the rocks.

And then you look me in the eye and tell me you'll never love anyone else the way you love me.


Damn you.
I'm becoming the girls in Pop Songs and Disney Channel Original Movies.

Because I'm starting to think that every time our lips touch we become a little more invincible.
-M

3 comments:

if you can't say nothin nice, don't say nothing at all.