Sunday, March 6

Untitled, By Anonymous

Untitled
By Anonymous

That only sucked
Because everyone walked around me
Like I was a glass ballerina
Standing on one toe,
Slowly losing her balance.
And if they so much as shifted
The air pattern would falter
And I would shatter.
In reality, however,
All I wanted was someone
To push me over.
And tell me to stop feeling sorry for myself.
So I could get back up.
All I wanted was someone to care,
But somehow,
No one seemed to.

I think humanity has a problem
They think that when someone loses something
They want to be left alone.
They only want privacy.
They’re fine by themselves.

But that isn’t true.
Maybe I’m wrong.

Maybe humanity’s problem
Is what we need so desperately.
We need someone by our side.
We need the world to know our pain.
We’re never really fine by ourselves.



An excerpt from my new in-the-works book called Untitled, By Anonymous. It's written in poetry, and I'm pretty excited about it to say the leaset. 

1 comment:

if you can't say nothin nice, don't say nothing at all.