Tuesday, March 22

We'll regret the things we didn't do more than the stupid things we did

So many people tell me what I am, what I could be, and what I should do. So many people tell me to fall in love, get married, and have 11 babies before the age of 23. So many people telling me I'll go on a mission. Telling me we'll get back together. Telling me he's a jerk. Telling me I should try out. Telling me what music to listen to. Telling me what what I can do, what I can't do. So many people talking, my voice is getting drowned out by the crowd.

So if you were wondering.
Here's what I want.

  • I want to laugh hard every day.
  • I want to travel the world
  • I want to fall in love
  • I want to be patient
  • I want to smile 99% of the time
  • I want to look back and be proud of what I've done in life
  • I want to write it all down
  • I want to turn my flaws into my best characteristics
  • I want to forget about everyone who leaves me
  • I want to see the world like a newborn does
  • I want to break the rules
  • I want to scream and have everyone hear me
  • I want to dance and not doubt myself
  • I want to perform
  • I want to live my life like a novel
  • I want to change people
  • I want to never pretend the world is something it isn't
  • I want to wake up every morning grinning
  • I want to feel beautiful
  • I want to know I'm worth it
  • I want to let go
  • I want to go crazy
  • I want to be liked for myself, not in spite of myself
  • I want to grow old with you
  • I want to act like I'm young
  • I want to play pretend
  • I want to imagine the impossible
  • I want to know I tried my absolute hardest.
  • I want to do it my way

And that's all I need to succeed. So next time someone asks me what I want to do with my life, I'm going to tell them that I don't know what I'll be or who I'll be with, but I do know that I will always live freely. I will always smile when I feel like frowning, and I will always love with no hesitation. I'll die knowing that I was all I could be in life, and that's completely fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you can't say nothin nice, don't say nothing at all.