Monday, August 15





I was a rose
Reaching for all things infinite,
All things tall and all things true
But instead I wilted to the floor.
 

Thrown into the air,
To see if I could fly
The flashes, followed
By the thousands of 
Shattering dishes.

But I came back down
No matter how hard I fought
Against the sleet.
My cape kept going
And a rash appeared around my neck.
To prove to me I had almost won.

I've heard lightning strike
And seen thunder clap
But tonight I saw lightning 
Hit the ground.

The air was electrified 
With the scent of new beginnings,
With the shock of death,
And with the realization
That the only difference is order.

And the lightning struck me twice,
And the cackle of its laughter
Was shown by the cracks
In the ground.

Turning to ash
Isn't such a scary thing.
The fear comes from knowing
That once there was beauty
Where destruction lies.

And no one will ever know,
What once was precious.


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you can't say nothin nice, don't say nothing at all.