Friday, August 26

It all starts {ends} here

The following was written at two in the morning:

The night before school starts is bad for any high school student. Mostly it's full of stress and severe anxiety that's usually completely unnecessary. Nevertheless I spent my night in a state of panic. What if my hair looks ugly? What if I forget to get dressed and I go to school naked? What if everyone hates me? I spent my entire summer not caring about those things in the slightest, but now that school is starting those questions are all that seem to matter. Psychotic, I know.
Do you know what makes that night worse? Waking up at 2 am with one arm aching because you slept on it weird and the other flopping around unaware of where it's proper
Place is with Demi lavato stuck in your head and a frustrating inability to fall Back asleep.

It's all hypothetical of course.


The following was written on the last day of summer:

(but first a little background. I have this nice (80) Days of  Summer book that I wrote in every singe day of summer. This is Day 80.)

"I feel a significantly exaggerated amount of pressure in writing this last entry. Which is silly considering the fact that most likely no one will ever read this. I guess I have this fantasy that my kids will find it one day and begin to eagerly read and maybe even realize that their mother is human. I should probably write down the things I've learned and all the ways that I've grown this Summer, but in all honesty, I feel as if I would be lying. I can't tell you that I'm more mature because who am I to judge that? I thought I was mature at age 11. What I know is that I will never be the same as I was on day one. I've changed. Probably because I'm a teenager, and that's what we do.
CHEERS.
-M"

1 comment:

  1. Emily....you did forget to get dressed and came naked....remember?

    ReplyDelete

if you can't say nothin nice, don't say nothing at all.