Sunday, September 4

Burn the Sun

Because you left me
With an arm cut off
And a leg in it's place,

When I reached for the
Solar system I
Only felt cold air.

And the stars laughed at me,
Because I wasn't on
Anyone's shoulders
And soon I was sinking.

Jumping for the atmosphere
My fingers burned the sun
And left me falling.

For the moment
Before I hit the sky scraper
I wondered if you would catch me
Or even lift a fingernail.

But my dress rippled
Against the sadness
Pulling me towards gravity.

There's a hole in 5th avenue
Where my body used to lie.
Where for a second I gasped

Before falling deeply
In love with the crust of the earth.
Because it was all that kept me from melting.

1 comment:

  1. WHAT THE HECK?!?!?

    I want to kill myself; this is the best thing I've read, ever. I was going to be like, "hey this is my favorite line" and then copy/paste it, but alas, there were too many favorite lines. Emily: SO GOOD.

    What? You're so cool.

    ReplyDelete

if you can't say nothin nice, don't say nothing at all.