Wednesday, September 14

I declare bankrupcy


 I apologize to all those who I've pretended to understand. This one is for the underdogs. I sort of thought I was one, but it took feeling like one and being treated like one to realize that I am more lucky than I ever thought. It took being laughed at behind my back. It took the boys in my english class making the girl who reads and writes all the time* do all the work.  It took them making me feel useless and my feelings insignificant. It took my voice shaking when I finally got up the nerve to talk to him. It took all that for me to realize that I have never felt bullied before. Before today.
But I'm lucky. I'm lucky because as soon as I moved on and saw my real friends, I remembered that I still think I'm worth something. So I'm sorry. I'm so sorry to anyone who has ever had to feel the way I felt today. I'm sorry to anyone who I've made feel even the least bit nonessential.
Every breath you breathe is essential.

*me


I was afraid of falling off the earth. 
Back when it was flat 
I couldn't even swim in the ocean.
Or take a deep breath. 

When the sun was going to explode,
I was afraid to step out of the shade.
And I never looked at
How blue the sky could be.


"Nice to meet you, I'm Emily."

2 comments:

  1. "What's your name again?" Hahaa. Em, you're so cute. I bet Griffin was thrilled that he finally got to talk to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in one of those 'Griffin' situations too, but I haven't made quite as much progress.

    In other news, I love you.

    Good'ay Madam.

    ReplyDelete

if you can't say nothin nice, don't say nothing at all.