Friday, December 24

Ya'at'eeh keshmish

I'm taking this opportunity to post because our computer is broken, so any internet access draws me in like a magnet.


I'm now sixteen and have my liscense. I love this FREEDOM. that's all i have to say about that..

It's Christmas tomorrow.
This has been one of worst Christmas's of my life, but somehow it's been the best by far. I spent the 19-21 on the Navajo reservation in Arizona, serving the people there. I can't even begin to tell you how much it changed me. All I want to do since returning has been, serve, sing, and dance. The people down there are so humble, and so so grateful. 

People in our country, one state away, are living in severe poverty. Huts (hogans) with dirt floors, some without coats and gloves. The look their faces and the tears that filled their eyes as we gave them simple things changes you in the blink of an eye. 

For three days I didn't care what my hair looked like, I didn't feel self conscious because I had no make up on. i just wanted to make a difference in the lives of the people who made all the difference in mine.
What would He do? How would the one who we celebrate always, have you do during this Christmas season?



I find myslef annoyed with laziness and selfishness. AFter seeing so much need, and seeing the rewards of 3 days of hard work, how can I jsut sit donw and aimlessly watch TV? I can't.

If you had only 1 day to live, how would you live it? Who would you live it with? What would you do?

Would you tell them you love them,
Would you kiss her/him
Would you smile
Would you cry
Would you serve
Would you surround yourslef with those you love
Would you watch TV?

What if you had an entire lifetime?
Shouldn't you live the same way, and just be grateful it can last longer?
So go serve someone today, smile with Christmas cheer, and wish them a Ya'at'eeh Keshmish. Kiss her, tell him you love him, and be bold. This is our chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you can't say nothin nice, don't say nothing at all.