Monday, July 18

maybe if i actually got embarrassed



One day my boyfriend will be a waiter at The Cheesecake Factory. They are just so classy.

About that...it's kind of a funny story.

It started with a pair of sunglasses.
We were sitting in a booth waiting for our order to be taken and absent-mindedly nibbling on bread when I jokingly pulled them out. I whispered, "It's kinda bright in here" and we all started laughing. What can I say? My family laughs easily. I then proceded to pull them down so my eyes were barely visible and pretend to be snottily say what I wanted ( The tacos but with substitutes of goat cheese and tofu). I looked up and there was my waiter....the awkward laughter was probably excruciating for him.


A few minutes later a song came on. You know, one of those barely audible, background noise songs. Anyway. My mom was all " I love this so song!!!" So naturally I started dorkilly dancing to it. Let me clarify that I looked extremely like, well, an idiot. Guess who had just come around the corner? That would be our waiter, quietly filling our water glasses. No. I didn't notice. Not until my mom wispered, "Emily" and the uncontrollable laughter started once again.


You guessed it. It happened a third time.
This time I had just finished telling my extremely long yet completely brilliant idea of how my brother should propose to his future wife. Of course I had to conclude by loudly stating. "Man, I wish I could propose to boys!" I'll give you one guess who had just walked up. I wonder if by then he thought we were laughing at him....



And we bought a trampoline. Not to jump on, but to lay on. To look up at the stars on. To pile blankets on and watch old movies. 

-M

2 comments:

  1. What are you doing tonight? I miss you. I miss the loft and you and movies and your creepy chamber in your basement.

    Call me.

    Although I might call you first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of which, is that watch-a-scary-movie-in-your-creepy-basement-chamber night ever going to happen? If it's up to me, it is.

    ReplyDelete

if you can't say nothin nice, don't say nothing at all.