Monday, July 11

in memory



Two reasons I love the word 
Reason number one: it happens to be my favorite season. there is no school and *almost* no responsibility. its warm and i can wear sunglasses.

Reason number two: my super hip young women's leader. who found my blog. her name? that would be SUMMER

and if thats not good enough for you....i don't know what would be


"Will you recognise me?
Call my name or walk on by
Rain keeps falling, rain keeps falling
Down, down, down, down

Hey, hey, hey, hey
Ohhhh.....

Don't you forget about me, don't don't don't don't"

I remember a time when my biggest fear was that I would go to that school, away from all my friends and almost everyone who meant anything to me and they would all forget about me. They said they wouldn't, some even went as far as to promise. I wonder if they misunderstood what I was saying. Never did I believe that one day in the near future I would walk up to them and say, "Hi, I'm emily, and we used to be best friends" only to receive blank stares and quizzical looks in return. No, they will never forget that I existed unless they become ill or have serious brain damage. I was simply afraid that one day they'd hear my name and realize that they haven't thought of me in days, weeks even. One day maybe they would refer to me as a girl they once new. One day, they would forget. And no matter how hard we tried, it still happened, didn't it?


I fancy that.
-M

1 comment:

  1. Everyone forgets. Remember when we were so scared? Scared they would forget us?

    You got to leave.
    I have to deal with round two of wishing and hoping.
    Call me someday.
    Do not forget me.

    ReplyDelete

if you can't say nothin nice, don't say nothing at all.