Sunday, November 14

The Metaphor of Toothpaste

My parents have always used Aquafresh. I can remember from being a little girl using their toothpaste, and it always tasted the same. The same amount of mintiness and flavor. Always Aquafresh. Recently my mom has discovered the joy of Crest. Thanks to me. She ran out of the usual Aquafresh and had to borrow my Crest ( with Scope of course). Just like drugs, it only takes one taste to become hooked. I tell you this seemingly pointless story for so  you can have some understanding of the following statement:

I hope I never stop trying new toothpastes.


I hope I never wake up to find that I'm repeating my day exactly as it was the day before. I hope I don't look back and realize that I have been using the same stupid toothpaste for the past ten years. I don't want to be content with my life the way it is, because it can always get better. Don't get me wrong, consistancy can be a beautiful thing. Routine isn't a negative thing. I can't wait to hold annual parties or have traditions with my hunk of a husband. But, its all about balance. The thrill of trying new things mixes beautifully with the comfort of sameness. same.  Something scares the heck out of me thinking that I will always smell the same, or always go on vacation to the same place and no where else. I can't live the same life over and over again; that wouldn't be a life at all.


Go Try a New Toothpaste/Shampoo/ Deodorant. 



It began to snow today during our church lesson on optimism. One of the girls was like, "Oh its snowing" and we all sighed and groaned. Oh the irony. We are SO optimistic. But honestly, I'm semi-excited. Bring on the hot chocoalate, the snowball fights, and the sledding. I've finally accepted that it will indeed, snow every year. BLEH. go enjoy the snow when it sticks. It's awfully lovely to take pictures in. For example:






 

1 comment:

  1. So Emily, I happened to stubble upon your blog. I hope that's not weird..it probably is. Oh well. Anyway, I love your writing and your ideas. You are a beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete

if you can't say nothin nice, don't say nothing at all.